Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

BB- 5 The Part we play in God’s plan

Lesson #5

· Why doesn’t God just save everyone?

Since Jesus paid for salvation for the entire world, why isn’t the entire world saved?

A soap manufacture was asking the question, “If Jesus died for the entire world, why isn’t everyone saved?” At the moment of his question, they passed some small children playing in the mud. The question was asked, “If you make soap, why are these children dirty? He said, “It only works when it’s applied.”

The question becomes, how does one apply salvation? To understand the answer, one must first understand grace.


· What is grace?

Grace is a gift of God, something we don’t deserve; its unmerited favor or something for nothing. Don Kangas likes the definition: God gives us the ability to know and do his will. Though it is difficult find a suitable definition; it is a gift from God to an undeserving people.

· Since forgiveness of sins results from salvation, what do I have to do or what works must I perform to receive this free give of salvation?

The answer is, “Nothing, just accept it”! In other words, God’s grace (Unmerited favor which include the ability to know an do the will of God) and our faith (our response to grace) working together will cause the work of salvation to take place in our lives?

· How does one apply grace to obtain salvation?
Answer: Simply Confess Jesus as Lord of your life.

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

· The only Works required is working with God. This will accomplish much.

Philippians 2:12-13 (NKJV) 12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
· So, both grace and faith are needed in order to receive from God what he has prepared for us. Accepting the sacrifice of Jesus’ death is an act of your will.

Luke 15:18 (NKJV) 18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, Revelation 22:17 (NKJV) 17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

· What is true repentance?

Answer: When someone truly repents, there will be a marked difference in his or her character and way of life.

Matthew 21:28-29 "But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, 'Son, go, work today in my vineyard.' 29He answered and said, 'I will not,' but afterward he regretted it and went.

Matthew 3:8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance,

Proverbs 28:13 He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.

Luke 19:5-9 (NKJV) 5 And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him, "Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house." 6 So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully. 7 But when they saw it, they all complained, saying, "He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner." 8 Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, "Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold." 9 And Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham;

· When the question is asked “Are you a Christian?”

And the answer is, “I sure hope so; I’m doing my best,” is this individual depending on Grace or works? Of course not they are depending on their own works.

· You must trust in the Jesus in you, not your works (your works are called dead works).

· Salvation is a gift, not a wage.

Romans 6:23 (NKJV) 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

· Salvation is received by faith.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NKJV) 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

· Salvation is not simply a mental acceptance. It is not just turning over a new leaf and living better with a different value system.

· Believing that Jesus exists in not the same as believing in Him.


James 2:19 (NKJV) 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!

· Believing in Christ is of the heart, not just the head. To complete the process depends on what you do. You must let others know that you side with Christ; that He is now Lord of your life.

Romans 10:9-10 (NKJV) 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Inaccurate Understandings of Conversions

· Cultural

The people of my culture are all Catholics; after all, we are from an Irish background. I am of German descent therefore; all Germans are Lutheran or Episcopalian because my ancestors are from England.
· Emotional and needs-based

I was scared of going to hell. My reason for serving God is what He can do for me. If I didn’t serve God, there is no telling what would happen to me. Or I need friends, these people sure are friendly.

· Religious

Religion is my way of life; it was the way I was raised, I don’t know any thing else, besides it is cool to wear a cross and other religious jewelry. Wearing religious cloths, like collars and robes, cause people to respect me. Having a grotto in my house lets people know that I am a religious person.

· Mental

Things were not going well for me, so I decided to try Christianity. All my friends are Christians and I don’t want to be a misfit. Being a Christian allows me to be a part of the crowd and fit in. It’s cool to turn over a new leaf and not feel like an outsider.

Accurate Understanding of Conversion

· Kingdom

I recognize the sacrifice of Jesus and how he gave his life for me. I want to tell others the story of salvation and be of service to the Lord. I want see His Kingdom come.

No comments:

Post a Comment