Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

BB- 17 Communicating with God


Lesson #17


The longing of God heart is to have fellowship with man

· God wants to talk to you. By reading Genesis in the beginning, we see God enjoying fellowship with man. When sin entered the picture, the fellowship with our creator ended.

In the natural if we never meet with a friend, write, or phone, your friendship fades away very quickly
.

Psalm 63:1-8 A Psalm of David when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. 2So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. 3Because Your loving kindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You. 4Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name. 5My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. 6When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. 7Because You have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. 8My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me.

· At the very moment, you became born again a communications channel opened up. Two way traffic.

Ephesians 2:17-18 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

· God talks to us, We must stop talking to listen

John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

· To be an effective listener you must discipline yourself to listen. When you communicate with God He will speak: And you will want to do something about it.

As you learn to listen, you will find the Lord speaks to you in many ways

· Through the Scriptures


Luke 24:32 And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?"

· Through Spiritual Gifts such as prophesy

· Through your Conscience


Acts 24:16 (NKJV) 16 This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men. Romans 2:15 (NKJV) 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) Romans 9:1 (NKJV) 1 I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit,


· Through the counsel of a leader

· Through a quiet inner voice

· Dreams & Visions

· Through a sense of peace

As you, learn to listen

· You will want to meet with Him regularly.

· Your Friendship with God will grow and we will get to know him intimately.


Exodus 33:11 So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.

Exodus 33:13 Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people."

John 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

· You will learn to receive direction

Jeremiah 10:23 O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

1 Samuel 23:2 Therefore David inquired of the Lord, saying, "Shall I go and attack these Philistines?" And the Lord said to David, "Go and attack the Philistines, and save Keilah."

Colossians 1:9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

· You will receive correction.


Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Acts 16:6-7 Now when they had gone through Phrygia and the region of Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia. 7After they had come to Mysia, they tried to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit did not permit them.

· Learning to listen is a process a discipline

1 Samuel 3:9 Therefore Eli said to Samuel, "Go, lie down; and it shall be, if He calls you, that you must say, 'Speak, Lord, for Your servant hears.' " So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!

· When you set a time to spend with God in prayer, it requires no special technique, time, place or language.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 pray without ceasing,

Nehemiah 2:4-5 Then the king said to me, "What do you request?" So I prayed to the God of heaven. 5And I said to the king, "If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I ask that you send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers' tombs, that I may rebuild it."

· Set aside time for fellowship especially with God. Don’t just call on him in crisis or while going about doing you work but a special time just for God

Luke 5:16 So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed.

Matthew 6:6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

Galatians 5:23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Mark 8:34 When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

· You will learn to draw near to God in pray & He will draw near to you.

Psalm 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

· What is intercessory praying?

Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

1 John 5:14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

No comments:

Post a Comment