Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

In Christ

In Christ
John 14:15-21 (NIV)
15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command.
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--
17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
John 15:1-10 (NIV)
1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
CONFUSING STATEMENTS
·        Some favorite expressions of apostle Paul was “Christ in You” and A Man in Christ”
2 Corinthians 12:2 (NIV)
2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--God knows.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
John 14:16 (NIV)
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--
THREE MYSTERIOUS STATEMENTS MADE BY JESUS WERE DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HE MEANS: (a) Spiritual sight (b) Spiritual life (c) Spiritual union.
SPIRITUAL UNION
·        A little while longer and the world will see me no more, but you will see me vs. 19
·        Because I live, you will live also. Vs 19
·        At the day you will know that i am in my father, and you in me, and i in you vs. 20
SPIRITUAL SIGHT
·        Eyes of Faith
·        Jesus is just as real to us as if we could physically see him.
·        The world says “Seeing is believing – But the Christians Sayus Believing is Seeing.
1 Peter 1:8 (NIV)
8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,
SPIRITUAL LIFE
·        Jesus was often telling of his coming death promising he would rise again, but the disciples were so busy they didn’t get the significance.
·        The eyes of their heart were not seeing therefore they did not understand what he was telling them.
·        Paul prayed for disciples to be enlightened. 
·        Jesus was telling them because of the resurrection He would keep on living and so will you  I’m very sure there were some questions for His followers after that statement
Ephesians 1:18-20 (NIV)
18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,
19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength,
20 which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,
Ephesians 2:1-5 (NIV)
1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,
2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.
3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.
SPIRITUAL UNION
·        Jesus went on to explain – You will note it was just after he told about the Holy Spirit would come – He would teach them and they would understand “At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I ion you.”
·        They would have the same relationship with the Father s Jesus had which they had admired.
HE EXPLAINED IN THE VINE-BRANCH ILLUSTRATION
John 15:1-5 (NIV)
1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
Colossians 3:1 (NIV)
1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
·        He is the vine not the trunk.
·        A vine had very little trunk it is nearly all branches
·         Jesus is the whole vine.
·        We are in Jesus and He is in us.
Hebrews 3:14 (NIV)
14 We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.

Colossians 1:19 (NIV)
19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
Colossians 2:9-10 (NIV)
9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
10 and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.
·         Our one purpose is the bringing forth of fruit.  We are to bring forth the fruit that comes from the vine
John 1:16 (NIV)
16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
Galatians 5:22 (NIV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Colossians 1:6 (NIV)
6 that has come to you. All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God's grace in all its truth.

Colossians 1:10 (NIV)
10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,
·        The one who remains (or abides) in the vine bears much fruit
·        Can you see what union with Christ means?
·        We must have a child-like faith that teaches we by ourselves can do nothing but in Jesus we can do all things.  Paul was enlightened and from his heart understood this.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)
9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

John 15:4 (NIV)
4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment